If you have an iOS7 Apple device that is locked to an iCloud account, you must unlock it before you sell it. If you don't you may find the buyer will reduce the amount of money they will pay.
Removing your iCloud account from your device is easy and can either be done via the device itself or via icloud.com.
Please follow either Option 1 or Option 2 instructions below. Option 2 is recommended if your device is faulty.
Removing iCloud account via your device
- Turn device ON
- Select Settings
- Select iCloud
- Press Delete Account
- Enter Apple ID password when prompted
- Select Turn Off
Please note: The above process must be done before wiping or restoring the device.
Removing iCloud account via icloud.com
- Removing iCloud account via icloud.com
- Device must be switched OFF*
- Log into icloud.com with Apple ID and password
- Select Find My iPhone
- Select device from All Devices drop down (top, centre of screen)
- Device should appear as Offline
- Select Remove from Account
- Select Remove on confirmation message